At FEXCO we are passionate about being the best at what we do. We pride ourselves on the knowledge and skills of our people. Success is built on integrity-driven performance as well as complying with the regulatory, legal and ethical requirements of the markets in which we operate. Honesty and trust are the hallmarks by which we relate to customers, suppliers, employees, government, regulators and society overall.
FEXCO recognise the contribution a business makes to its economic, social and environmental concerns. Our Corporate Social Responsibility Policy is centred on the core values of the organisation, innovative partnership, teamwork, integrity and trust and diversity.
We strive to consistently emulate our values in our approach to managing our business relationships with our employees, business partners and customers.
Our corporate responsibilities are maintained through the following areas:
At FEXCO we recognise the importance of getting the Work-Life Balance right; this has been accomplished by creating a work environment that meets the business needs while being sensitive to the individual’s needs and responsibilities. This includes flexible working arrangements, career breaks and parental leave, etc.
Our People Matter
All FEXCO employees are entitled to equal opportunities and are judged solely on their qualifications, achievements and performance. We encourage and assist personal career development through training, coaching, education and advancement.
Health and Safety:
The health and safety of employees, contractors, customers and visitors are of the utmost importance to FEXCO. We strive to take a proactive approach in the area of health and safety and continually work towards increasing employee awareness.
Learning and Development:
Our real competitive advantage lies in our people. In the fast moving market in which we operate, it is vital that we continue to develop and motivate our people. Our Employees are encouraged to further their personal development and education. All course fees for studies relevant to the business needs of the Company are reimbursed, subject to Business Unit approval.
Opportunities for advancements:
It is Company policy to pursue and implement equal opportunities for all employees. Employment and advancement opportunities are based on qualifications, competencies, conduct, experience, performance and commitment. Each position is filled with the most suitable person and our policy is to transfer and/or promote within the Company whenever possible.
Respect, Dignity and Fairness:
All employees have the right to work in an environment that is free from any form of harassment or discrimination. It is the Company’s policy to treat all employees fairly and with dignity, and any contrary behaviour is unacceptable.
Each year FEXCO donates funds to various charitable and corporate social responsibility initiatives and believes strongly in providing support to the communities in which we operate across the globe.
We also support our employees in fundraising for charities and voluntary work, recognising both the benefits to community and the employees themselves.
FEXCO is deeply committed to supporting the local community and has always been keen to sponsor local organisations. Over the years, FEXCO has made contributions to local sports clubs, fundraising and community events.
The company maintains close links to the communities in which it operates and is committed to creating and maintaining sustainable employment in these communities.
FEXCO understands that our daily business has a significant impact on the environment and we are committed to ensuring that protection of the environment will be a fundamental aspect of our business. We strive to retain the highest possible service to our customers and employees, by maintaining cost efficiency and still being responsible for the care of and the reduction of our effect on the environment. This is created in a culture of forward thinking and innovation around sustainable issues by integrating sustainability into operations and programs. As a company we continually look to new areas to reduce our CO2 footprint.
Our Aim is to:
- Work to reduce our in-house CO2 emissions, minimising consumption of energy resources (electricity, fossil fuels and travel) and water through careful planning and efficient management in conjunction with specialist external parties.
- Work to reduce our CO2 emissions by evaluating the impact of our business travel on the environment and using practical alternatives such as video conferencing, web-ex and audio conferencing where possible. FEXCO vehicles are regularly serviced to comply with set CO2 emissions standards and to ensure economic use of fuel.
- Minimise our total waste and to maximise our re-useable and recyclable waste.
- Provide segregated recycling bins throughout canteens for cans, paper, plastic, glass and cardboard.
- Promote economical use of office paper and printer cartridges by encouraging staff to use email facilities, to re-use paper where possible, to avoid unnecessary printing and to use double-sided printing formats.
- Minimise waste by encouraging inter-departmental exchange and re-use of equipment and materials where viable.
- Comply with legislation covering disposal of hazardous waste such as batteries, printer cartridges and WEEE etc.
- Promote environmental management control awareness throughout all our offices and provide our employees with the necessary information, training and equipment to enable our employees to carry out their duties in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Understand our legal obligations and commit to complying with and exceeding all current environmental legalisation, regulatory requirements and corporate guidelines in the countries in which we operate.
- Monitor our progress and review our environmental performance on an annual basis.
FEXCO occupies market leading positions in a number of geographies and across various products within its portfolio. Its businesses have received industry recognition and numerous international awards for their contact centres, credit card transaction processing and stockbroking activities. Our extensive portfolio of businesses today includes Currency Exchange, International Payments, Dynamic Currency Conversion, Property Management, Business Process Outsourcing and Secure Financial Administration and Stockbroking.
FEXCO’s respected and proven reputation is a source of great pride to us and one we will endeavour to maintain and uphold. We are committed to honesty and transparency in our communication with staff worldwide and this is fundamental to our success as a company. In this weak economic environment, we aim to do our part to support recovery. We adhere to industry best practice in advertising and other marketing activities complying with regulatory, legal and ethical requirements of the markets in which we operate.
Our Commitment to our Stakeholders:
- Complying with the law:
We will comply in full with applicable laws and regulations in the locations where we work and in particular our regulated entities comply with all applicable laws and regulations governing our operations in regulated industries. We deal openly and professionally with all the Group’s regulators.
- Confidentially and privacy:
Our customers and employees can trust us with their information. We have a duty to keep information we hold confidential and comply with data protection legislation. Information given to us by customers and employees is held only for specified and lawful purposes.
- Fair Dealings:
We treat all our stakeholders with the greatest of respect. .We do not take unfair advantage of anyone through manipulation, misrepresentation, or any other unfair dealing practice. Our sales and marketing information accurately and honestly represents the quality of our service.